L&S Waste Management is one of the leading independent Waste Management, Aggregate, and RMC Companies in Southern England because of our industry knowledge and experience as well as our commitment to providing quality services.
The Role of Business Sales
We are looking to recruit an experienced Business Sales person with proven sales experience within the waste management or construction industries who will be based from our Head Office in Fareham, Hampshire. The successful candidate will be responsible for the promotion and revenue generation of the Company’s services in the SO post code areas by increasing sales and achieving new business, resulting in the expansion and overall growth of the Company as a whole.
The role of Business Sales includes:
- Revenue generation for the Company’s services (ie Skips, Rollonoffs, Grabs – muck-away and Primary and Recycled Aggregates, Vacuum Road Brush, Ready Mixed Concrete, Concrete Pumps, L&S Loos, Eco Blocks and Barrier Blocks, by managing and maximising key account customers on their potential or expanding existing business and generating new business opportunities in-line with existing business
- Promoting and developing awareness of the Company’s services in the local and surrounding market areas
- Establishing and building upon long term profitable business relationships with key contact within existing and new business opportunities
- Reviewing the Company’s existing customer base within the SO post code areas.
- Organising sales and marketing campaigns as well as advertising, where necessary
- Examining the Company’s market share
- Producing concise weekly reports on your activities
- Liaising with the other sales team members to ensure excellent communication and forward sales lead and business opportunities to them
- Provide quotation information to the Business Development Administrator
- Monitoring and increasing the number of account customers
- Recording prospects and client activity and following up as appropriate
- Using Glenigan leads and other planning leads to assist in generating new business on a weekly basis
- Keeping up-to-date with market changes and legislation.
The Ideal Business Sales Candidate:
- A proven track record and relevant experience within the waste or construction industries
- Must have some experience in the building industry, either through a builders merchant or direct business to business sales
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organisation and IT skills
- Good geographical knowledge
- Good attention to detail to ensure accuracy of information
- Working knowledge of Sage ACT or a similar system
- Experience of working within a busy and fast paced environment
- The ability to remain calm and patient when under pressure
- The ability to multi-task and use own initiative
- Positive, self-motivated, and pro-active.
- Salary – dependent upon experience and Commission (earnings circa £55k pa depending on bonus and commssion)
- Company vehicle
- 20 days holiday which increases to 22 after 5 years service, and 25 after 10 years service
- Workplace pension scheme
- Death in Service Life Cover after 1 years service
- 8.00 am to 5.30 pm Monday to Friday.
If you possess all the necessary skills and experience and you are interested in this position please contact Nikki Wheeler at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01329 840000.