L&S is one of the leading independent waste management companies in Southern England because of our industry knowledge and experience, as well as our commitment to providing quality services.
We are looking to recruit Recycling Operatives/Labourers at either our Portsmouth (Portsdown Hill Road) or Southampton (Ashley Crescent, Sholing) Recycling Centres who are able to work within a small team and are skilled and competent at manually handling waste.
The role of Recycling Operative/Labourer involves:
- providing effective operational support to the Site Supervisor
- manually sorting and segregating waste products into relevant areas from a conveyor belt in a picking station
- ensuring good housekeeping practices are maintained in all working areas of the picking station and the site.
The Ideal Recycling Operative/Labourer
- Reliable, flexible and adaptable
- Hardworking and conscientious
- Good manual handling techniques
- Ability to work in a fast-paced picking station
- Understands the importance of health and safety
- Positive, motivated, and pro-active
- £7.96 Hourly Rate
- 20 days holiday which increases to 22 after 5 years service, and 25 after 10 years service
- Workplace pension scheme
- Death in Service Life Cover after 1 years service
- Free Uniform
- Structured training programme
- Potential to advance within the Company into other roles
- Free Parking
Recycling Operative/Labourer hours are between 7.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday and alternate Saturdays from 7.00am to 2.00pm.
If you possess all the necessary skills and experience and you are interested in this position please contact Nikki Wheeler at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01329 840000.