L&S is one of the leading independent waste management companies in Southern England because of our industry knowledge and experience, as well as our commitment to providing quality services.
The Role of Plant Operator
We are looking to recruit an experienced Plant Operator at our Portsmouth site, who is skilled and competent at operating a 360o Excavator (up to 20 tonnes with grab and bucket) and/or a Loading Shovel.
Working within a small team, you will be expected to provide effective operational support whilst operating the plant on site in a safe and efficient manner.
The role of Plant Operator involves:
- undertaking daily checks and completing the plant checklists
- greasing the plant on a regular basis
- keeping the plant clean and tidy
- reporting any defects or problems to management for action
- sorting and segregating the waste material using the 360o Excavator
- loading vehicles using the loading shovel
- keeping the working area clear, safe and as tidy as practicably possible
- conducting maintenance, fault-finding, and minor repairs to the plant
- complying with site rules, health and safety regulations, and adhering to safe systems of work
- reporting any accidents, incidents, unsafe acts, unsafe conditions, or near misses.
The Ideal Plant Operator
- Reliable, flexible and adaptable
- Hardworking and conscientious
- A good communicator and team player
- Positive, motivated, and pro-active
- Good knowledge and understanding of health and safety
- £11.38 hourly rate
- 20 days holiday which increases to 22 after 5 years service, and 25 after 10 years service
- Modern plant
- Workplace pension scheme
- Death in Service Life Cover after 1 year’s service
- Free uniform
- Free parking
Plant Operator hours are between 7.00 am to 6.00 pm Monday to Friday and alternate Saturdays from 7.00 am to 2.00 pm.
If you possess all the necessary skills and experience and you are interested in this position please email your CV and covering letter to Steve Kibbey, Operations Manager, at email@example.com or Nikki Wheeler, HR, at firstname.lastname@example.org.