Most people arrange for the skip to be placed on their own property – usually on the driveway. Skips that are parked on the road require a permit from your local authority, which we will arrange. The permit period is fixed (usually one week) although this can usually be extended by agreement. Local authorities charge for the issue of permits and extensions. We provide lamps and cones for safety reasons.