L&S is one of the leading independent waste management companies in Southern England because of our industry knowledge and experience, as well as our commitment to providing quality services.
The Role of LGV Driver
We are looking to recruit experienced and professional Class 2/Class 1 LGV drivers at either our Portsmouth, Fareham, or Southampton sites, who are skilled and competent at driving the following vehicles:
- Volumetric Concrete Trucks
- Concrete Pumps
- Vacuum Road Brush
- Caged van.
The role of LGV Driver involves:
- collecting/delivering skips/containers/waste/aggregate/soils from/to customers and sites
- ensuring that the best customer service is provided at all times
- delivering waste to the designated waste transfer stations, recycling centres, or landfill sites as directed by the Traffic Office.
The Ideal LGV Driver
- Reliable, flexible and adaptable
- Hardworking and conscientious
- Polite, courteous, and attentive to customers
- Positive, motivated, and pro-active
- Good geographical knowledge of our operating areas
- Great communication and customer service skills
- Ability to use a PDA
- Good knowledge and understanding of driver’s hours and WTD
- Must have full Driver CPC, digital tachograph driver card, and preferably a clean license
- £12.34 hourly rate
- Vehicle bonus payments
- 20 days holiday which increases to 22 after 5 years service, and 25 after 10 years service
- CPC training
- CPC training
- In-house Driver Trainers/Mentors
- Modern fleet
- Workplace pension scheme
- Death in Service Life Cover after 1 years service
- Free uniform
- Free parking
LGV Driver hours are between 7.00 am to 6.00 pm Monday to Friday and alternate Saturdays from 7.00 am to 12.30 pm.
If you possess all the necessary skills and experience and you are interested in this position please contact Nikki Wheeler at email@example.com or on 01329 840000.