To order your skip, select the skip size you require and then click ‘Buy Now’ and follow the menu to place your order.
All rates and any special offers contained within this site are exclusive to online bookings.
Please click here to view the range of skips available to order online.
Digital image of skip location (optional)
Once your online order is complete you can send us a digital photograph detailing where you would like the skip positioned or any hazards to be avoided (manhole covers, overhead cables etc). Simply cut and paste the order reference detail, use this as your email subject and attach your picture (maximum file size 2MB) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Skips placed on the Highway
If you are unable to place a skip on your private property (or someone else’s with their agreement), it’s likely that your skip will have to be placed on the highway (road or verge). This is managed by your local authority by the issue of a ‘road permit’. We make all the arrangements for this paid for service and the charge includes the provision of lamps and traffic cones. This permit cost is included within our online charge. Please do not ask us to place the skip onto property when you do not have the owners’ consent as the liability insurance may be affected.
- Local authorities require 4 clear working days notice for permit applications, this does not include weekend or bank holidays
- Hampshire, Southampton and Portsmouth Highways issue a minimum 7 day inclusive permit and L&S provide this for £35 plus vat
- West Sussex issue a minimum 1-19 day inclusive permit and L&S provide this for £100 plus vat (L&S hire period is one week)
- Please note all skips will be collected on the day that the permit expires unless you apply for a permit extension (by giving us 4 working days notice). Time extensions, if granted, are chargeable at the normal rate.
- Once applied for, permits are sometimes refused (rarely) on safety grounds. In this case we will refund your permit charge and skip charge if no other suitable private location can be found for the skip.
- When ordering a skip ‘on the road’ it is useful to remember that the skip will arrive sometime on day one of the hire and will be collected sometime on day seven, this gives you a full 5 days to fill the skip. If a hire commences on a Monday it is normal practice to collect the container on a Saturday before noon as we are not permitted to work on Sunday.
New rules for plasterboard
Recent legislation has banned the landfilling of plasterboard with other mixed wastes.
- For large quantities of plasterboard, L&S Waste Management provides a separate collection service using builders’ sacks.
- If you are only producing small quantities of plasterboard, say equivalent to 2-3 domestic dustbin loads, this material must be packed separately and loaded on top of the skip.
- Please be sure to tell our driver that plasterboard is present. We can then separate it as soon as it arrives at our depot.
We offer a separate plasterboard collection service for builders’ sacks at £75 plus VAT per sack. Please contact us to book this service
- Asbestos is a hazardous material and should NEVER be put into a skip. Please contact us for Asbestos Disposal Solutions.
At L&S we aim to exceed expectations, here is a sample of our clients comments:
- ‘He (driver) has delivered to us a few times and is always professional, polite, friendly and a credit to your company. We never cease to be amazed how he manages to reverse up a drive and put the skip in place so efficiently! He is also very thoughtful about where the skip is placed to avoid inconvenience to us, making sure we can access our garage and get cars up the drive!’ Mrs D, Cowplain, Hants
- ‘I was going to email you regarding the skip I hired. I cannot speak more highly about the whole transaction, from my initial enquiry to the two drivers all were extremely helpful, courteous and very professional. If I have to hire another skip I will certainly use your company and also strongly recommend it.’ Mr M, Portsmouth
- ‘Your online service was very good and although I was at work when your lorry arrived I did phone your office later in the day to say how impressed I was with the service. The driver had left the site in an absolutely perfect condition having cleared up just about all of the arisings. I would not hesitate to contact you again.’ Mr M, Horndean
Order Online Services
- All Order Online Services
- View Basket
- Order Skip Online
- – Skip Size Information Video
- – Skip Ordering Information
- – Skip Ordering – FAQs
- – Skip Ordering T&Cs
- – Concrete Ordering FAQs
- – Concrete T&Cs – On Account
- – Concrete T&Cs – Cash
- Order Grab Online
- Click and Collect
- Order Big Yellow Bags Online
- – Big Yellow Bags FAQs
- – Big Yellow Bag T&Cs